We are accustomed to having a laid back life, not wanting to eat right, or leading a healthy lifestyle. There is strong and scientific evidence that healthy lifestyle choices make a positive impact on life and often greatly impact our physical, emotional, and mental health.
It’s important to take care of both your mind and body. Here is a list of ways that a healthy lifestyle will upgrade your life into a better “YOU”, including:
- A small step to making your life better will allow you to take charge of your life and feel good about the choices you make.
- You will gain energy and feel more fit.
- Slowly it will improve your physical health.
- Gaining a positive outlook and finding more enjoyment in your life.
- Be a role model to you and the people who are looking out for you.
Any lifestyle change is a “work in progress”
We all know now that there is no shortcut to success, lasting changes take time. Begin by setting small goals that are easy to attempt in your daily life and that you can measure. Wellness, fitness, or any life-changing habits require making healthy choices about diet, exercise, mindfulness, and staying positive.
Eat a variety of food. Limited food sources can give you all nutrients your body needs. We need more than 40 different food sources to have a balanced diet over time that will make a difference.
Proportionate your whole day meal in 5-6 parts and make a note on your calorie count. If you had a high-fat lunch, then you can choose a low-fat dinner to maintain the balance. Always choose healthy fat over unsaturated fat, completely avoid trans fat. Eating fish 2-3 times a week, with one serving of oily fish, will contribute to our right intake of unsaturated fats. When you cook for yourself, try to have boiled, steam, or baked food, rather than fried, fatty parts of meat on your platter. Use vegetable oils, always.
Physical Activity and Exercise
Did you know that daily exercise can help you reduce the chances of all of the biomarkers of aging? It also helps your body to lose excess body fat, lower cholesterol, improve eyesight, improve lean muscle, and improve bone density. You can start with a simple 30-minute dancing, enroll for a Zumba or aerobic class, walk to the nearest park, or do 30-minute yoga practice in your living room. Practitioners recommend doing your physical activities in the morning when your body and mind are feeling fresh and give you energy for the rest of your day.
Maintaining Social Connections
Meeting your friends and family, having a cup of coffee with your close friends is the best option to keep you happy and content in your life. Moreover, the most important note is to surround yourself with positive people who give you peace of mind. A good friendship offers several mental health benefits. It increases feelings of belongingness, purpose, increases levels of happiness, improve self-worth, and confidence.
Important Health Check-Ups
An annual health checkup is key to living a healthy life. Visit your doctor to assess your general health. It is an important step in preventing bigger health issues. With some minimal blood and urine tests, your doctor can evaluate your state of wellbeing and diagnose any immediate problems that may be in their beginning stages. By getting the correct health services, screenings, and treatment from a verified clinic, you are taking important steps toward living a longer, healthier life.
Questions to ask your doctor
- What screening tests do I need?
- How’s my weight?
- What should – and shouldn’t – I will be eating?
- What do I need to know about this treatment?
- How can I learn more about my health?
- How is this condition treated or managed?
- What will be the long-term effects on my life?
- What should I do before my next visit?
- When do I need to see the doctor again?
Things to Consider – Pick your healthy habits
Here is a list of 10 healthy habits you can pick and start your journey today –
- Best eating habits. Don’t ever skip your breakfast. eating breakfast helps to improve your focus, satiety, and energy level throughout the day.
- Drink lots of water. You can use a drink reminder app to keep a track of it.
- Remain consistent – Don’t leave your healthy-eating goals for the sake of any excuses. If you are going to eat outside, check out the restaurant menu ahead of time, and see which is good for your health.
- Fill your home with healthy, nourishing foods. It’s a great option when you crave for unhealthy fried food and have no option but to cook yourself food with whole food.
- Dedicate time to mental health. Have a 15-minute meditation daily to calm your mind and focus on yourself. It will help you to channelize your energy in the right direction and mentally prepare for any hurdles in life.
- Straighten your posture. A good posture helps every muscle work in an optimal way and reduce pain around your spine and hip joints.
- Enjoy a micro-vacation. It simply means a moment in your day when you can rest and relax. Every day? If you can, take half an hour and let your brain wander.
- Sleep. Like exercise and a healthy diet, sleep is also equally important for good health.
- Smile. This is the easiest and as well as a difficult habit to adopt and will greatly impact your mood.
- Disconnect. Being connected 24/7 can have negative side effects on your memory, health, creativity, and productivity. Disconnect at least one hour every day and give your brain a well-deserved break.
Like this post? Share your thoughts in the comment section below. If you have any queries or feedback, reach out at – [email protected]